axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject AxisFault
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:09:11 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 21:58 +0000, dims@apache.org wrote:
>
>>Author: dims
>>Date: Thu Nov 17 13:58:06 2005
>>New Revision: 345338

>>Log:
>>This is the last chance we are gonna get to muck around with package names...so am
taking it :)

> This breaks Sandesha, Kandula and Synapse .. pls send a note to those
> -dev lists to warn them! (We better remember to put this stuff in
> release notes .. I can see another message from SteveL otherwise :))

No, now its your turn to complain about what I've just checked in for
AxisFault

1. a new package fault that contains

1. the various classes to model SOAPFault bits and bobs in a
SOAP-envelope-neutral format
2. an interface to replace the one dims deleted, in which an exception
can be asked to provide a soap fault, and if so, it is given complete
control over marshalling,

I'm not so sure about (2). it works well in  my alpine prototype,
because I dont care about soap1.1. compatibiity,

I've also checked in a version of AxisFault that uses the new stuff.

This is a first step towards soap fault handing. What is now needed is

-extraction of stack traces and storage in the axisfault details
-extraction of http error codes and storage in the axisfault details
-lossless mapping two and from soapfaults.

Again, the need to support multiple OMFactories complicates things; I
cant' just store details as elements in a list, they've got to be under
some node that is bound to a particular factory. Some assistance or
advice would help here.

-steve