axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Where did Call.to go to?
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:40:27 GMT
Hi Steve,
Let me explain the reason behind this change and I was about to explain
this to the community.

Steve Loughran wrote:

> The protected EndpointReference to; field in Call has disappeared,
> breaking my subclassing.
>
> 1. what has it been replaced by.
>
> 2. remember, everything you make protected is implicitly part of the
> API. Make things private if you dont want people to use them.

If you look at the message context, there also you have setTo, etc., So
I wanted to put the same pattern in to the Call too.

Anyway, earlier it was not possible to set message information headers
other than To using MEPClient or derivations of MEPClient. But security
and RM people came up with following use cases for them to access
replyTo epr, etc.,
1. Security needs to send some data and get them back in the response.
So they wanted to put some ref parameters in to the request message.
2. RM people wanted to add the proxy support for the response message,
so that the response message comes to the proxy.

So what I did was provide the access to those MIheaders via putting an
instance of MIHeaders in the mepclient. And providing getter and setter
methods. So when user invokes the service, the set epr information will
be set to the message context.

Did this change affect you ? I hope not. Can't you get the to epr via
getTo() and do whatever you were doing earlier.

And I for one always prefers to access inherited attributes via there
getters and setters, without directly accessing them ;-) .

-- Chinthaka