axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "M. P." <apa...@philippe.prados.name>
Subject Proposed patch in HTTPSender
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 08:56:09 GMT
Hi,

I write an Axis plug-in for update the http client transport. This
plug-in add a *Load Balancing* and *Failover* with the client. You can
find the code and documentation here :
<http://www.philippe.prados.name/Langage/Java/Maven/LoadBalancingAxis/>

Home: http://www.philippe.prados.name/Langage/Java/Maven/LoadBalancingAxis/
Javadoc :
http://www.philippe.prados.name/Langage/Java/Maven/LoadBalancingAxis/apidocs/index.html
<http://www.philippe.prados.name/Langage/Java/Maven/LoadBalancingAxis//apidocs/index.html>
Source :
http://www.philippe.prados.name/Langage/Java/Maven/LoadBalancingAxis/xref/index.html
<http://www.philippe.prados.name/Langage/Java/Maven/LoadBalancingAxis//xref/index.html>
Download:
http://www.philippe.prados.name/Langage/Java/Maven/LoadBalancingAxis//en/downloads.html

With this jar file, the client can retry x times the request or change
to another server if some problems are detect.

The plug-in update the MessageContext.TRANS_URL property with the
destination IP, and call more than one time the super.invoke(). With
this strategy, the "Host:" header is set with the IP and not the hostname.

If the destination server use this header to distinguish different
virtual host, this strategy isn't correct. It's rarely the case in a
cluster architecture.

The patch I propose, declare a protected method to manipulate the Host
value.

Regards.

Philippe Prados