axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: [Axis2] Where to start the out messages in the handler flow?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:39:11 GMT
Hi Chamikara and All,

Please see my comments below.

----- Original Message -----
From: Chamikara Jayalath
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Axis2] Where to start the out messages in the handler flow?

Hi All,

I believe we should go for a simple and most flexible design. As u guys
have explained there are two main methods to handle a protocol specific

1. Handling it at a Handler.
2. Handling it at a Operation.

I believe the decision has to be given to the module implementor.
Basically the most obvious reason for handling these messages at a
operation level will be giving user the flexibility to change the way
there messages are processed. A example that come to my mind is the key
that is send with the SecirityTokenResponse message (in WS-SC). The key
generation algorithm (or key selection procedure) has to be flexible and
the user should be able to change this easily. So the best way would be to
process the SecurityTokenRequest message at a operation (other than a

>>This is anyway going to be handled by a separte service.(check the plug
feast messages) and hence will be a separate operation.
>>What we would need to consider is, we cannot follow the same approach
for RM since it is sending the additional messages to the web service

But if we think about the RM CreateSequenceResponse. What we send with the
response message is simply a UUID. Allowing user to change the UUID
generation algorithm is not going to be very useful. So IMO these should
be handled at a handler lever. Other RM control messages like Acks and
TerminateSequences send nothing in response and IMO should be completely
hanled at the handler level.

>>+1 we can keep the operations since it is our way of dispatching, but
the processing should happen at the handler level.

Thank you,