axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Enabling SetReplyTo() ect in the InOutMepClient is Wrong!!!
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 07:02:37 GMT
I disagree with removing setReplyTo, setFaultTo etc. from Options. This
was not a mistake; it was put there by design!

Yes I know those are risky if they're used indiscriminately but they are
needed. For example, its quite reasonable to want to set some reference
properties on the ReplyTo EPR that I'm going to send you so that you
will echo them back to me. I may want to set different ref props for the
FaultTo EPR.

How do you do that? One option is to have multiple methods like
addReplyToReferenceProperty, addFaultToReferenceProperty etc.. That's
ugly and then you'd have to do that for other part of those EPRs as
well: setReplyToMetadata etc.. Doing that will result in a ton of
methods being added to Options.

The approach of allowing the user to create a ReplyTo etc. configured
the way they want and then pushing it into Options (using setReplyTo) is
a much better way!

Yes of course that is dangerous *if* you set the address property of the
ReplyTo (etc.) EPR. However everything else is fair game. So we need to
carefully document that behavior: you the user should only set the
address property of ReplyTo & FaultTo iff you know what you're doing
(say because you want to route the messages thru a tcpmon instance). If
its not set, we will put the right thing there but if its set we'll let
it be.

Sanjiva.