axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Deployment packaging
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:05:06 GMT
On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 08:16 -0500, Tony Dean wrote:
> What is the Axis2 best practice for packaging a complex web service application that
spans multiple jars?  Essentially, to create an Axis2 web service endpoint, you must create
a single jar with the following contents:
> meta-inf/services.xml
> meta-inf/services.wsdl
> MyWebServicePortTypeSkeleton.class
> My concern is making other dependent jars available on the classpath and doing so without
affecting other applications.

All you need to do is put dependent jars inside a lib/ directory in
the .aar. The libs are isolated from other services' libs (as each
service gets its own class loader) and so you should have no problem
with arbitrary complexity with that approach.

View raw message