axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jal...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2] Where to start the out messages in the handler flow?
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:24:13 GMT
Hi All,

I have noticed some inconsistency in the way we currently send outgoing messages from a handler.
I noticed this one in Sandesha2 implementation and think that we need some definite way to
do this at least for the modules that we implement.

Say, engine receive RM Specific Create message. We can interpret this message either in RMInHandle
or RMMessageReceiver. In addition modules may have pre-dispatch handlers, in RM case we use
one to eliminate duplicate messages.

If we interpret this from RMInHandler then we can stop that message from going through all
the other handlers.
If we interpret this from RMMessageReceiver then this message will go through the handlers
deployed for the service.

Now we need to send CreateSequenceResponse message from any of the above two locations.
If we send the response from RMInHandler we need to decide what is the handler configuration
for this message. Is it all the handlers deployed for that service or only the handlers that
are after the RMPhase? (RMHandlers deployed in RMPhase)

If we send the CreateSequenceResponse from RMMessageReceiver then this message will go through
all the outgoing handlers deployed for that service.

IMHO we should interpret module specific messages using any handler in the module and if there
is a response that we need to send for that, it should start from that phase. (not from the
beginning of the handler flow)
So in this way, phase n will affect only to phase n+1 as shown in the attached diagram.

We need to decide the same thing from the pre-dispatch handlers as well. If one pre-dispatch
handler want to send a response, then what are the handlers that we use in the response path.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jaliya