axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Implications of WSRM interfaces on Axis2 ClientAPI
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:27:07 GMT
Guys

I agree we don't want to add RM specific APIs to Axis2. However, as I think
my long post, and Chamikara's much neater append point out, there is a way
of looking at these as being general concepts in WS and not specific RM
concepts. In fact the Key concept is something that the Sandesha guys
invented and is not part of the RM spec. I believe that the same Key and
Last Message concepts could also help when you switch on
WS-SecureConversation. They are just basic ideas about how WS works when not
everything is a single call and we start building conversations.

What is driving this is a belief in COMPOSABILITY. Composability should mean
not having to change my code for a given WS-* standard. But it also means
that the core model has to support composability. WS-Security was lucky, we
didn't need to change any code, but its also inefficient, so we've had to
invent SecureConversation. I think that the idea of sequences and
conversations are generic new change the core model of WS and should be
reflected in the Axis2 API.
Paul