axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] AxisFault
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:00:12 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> I am looking at the current axis fault stuff. Is anybody actively
> working on this, or am I free to add enhancements?
>
> Specifically:
>
> 1. All the bits of a SOAPFAult, including random XML

easily added to AxisFault, along with headers. Can put this stuff in
when an exception comes in; right now it is dropped on the floor.

> 2. Axis1 features: stack trace extractions, hostname, http error codes.
>
> 3. Tweak how we map from a java fault to a SOAPFault. If a fault says
> that it can provide a fault message then we ask it for it directly. This
> lets people's classes (like my BaseFault) generate my own fault with no
> intervention.

There is some fun here in that we have different faults for SOAP1.1 and
SOAP1.2. So while I could ask for a fault, I have to decide whether it
is 1.1 or 1.2. hmm.

public interface SoapFaultSource {

     /**
      * The full SOAPFault to send back. This will become the body of a
message.
      * @return the SOAPFault to return as the body of a message.
      */
     SOAPFault getSOAPFault();

     /**
      * Get any Headers to include in the message.
      * @return an iterator over headers, or null for no headers of
interest.
      */
     Iterator getHeaders();