axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject [axis2] Slow tests
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 04:07:04 GMT
I suspect a bunch of the slowdown when we do builds these days involves
the setup/teardown of the HTTP-based server we're using in the
integration tests.  What if we were to switch most of the tests to
simply use the local transport instead (obviously we'd want at least one
or two to test the http transport anyway, but most of them are really
testing the engine, not the transport)?  That would be MUCH faster.

In general we still need a better way to do a "fast build" so that you
can confirm changes didn't break anything major, and then a "checkin
build" which does deeper testing, and an "integration build" which would
fully test interop and the like... this was discussed before, but I'm
just bumping it into the foreground again.  If we had that, then the
"fast" build could use the local transport for all the tests, and the
"checkin" build might exercise the HTTP transport/server a little more,
etc....

--Glen