axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] code generation - Java Beans ?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:59:50 GMT
Hi Chris:

> Is there a way to generate Java Bean classes from the WSDL in Axis2?  With Axis1, it
was
> quite easy to get a complex result back into a Java Bean (thanks to code generation
> tool).  I am getting a bit nervous because It looks to me like the only thing I am
> dealing with is OMElements where I will have to write my own logic to extract a complex
> result into a Java Bean.

You can do this now by using the XMLBeans data binding, and we are
currently working on a simple built-in databinding framework as well
(should be ready for testing in a week or two).  See the wsdl module and
the codegen module for details, there are also examples in the
samples/tests.

# java org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java -uri <wsdlFile> -o <outputDir> -d
xmlbeans

--Glen