axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From John Childs <jchilds_j...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Bug in AxisClient getJAXRPCHandlerChain?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:57:00 GMT
I think I found a bug in
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient

in the method getJAXRPCHandlerChain

registry.getHandlerChain returns a HandlerChainImpl
HandlerInfoChainFactory's constructor takes a list
of
HandlerInfos

This ends up causing a ClassCastException

<start of orig>
javax.xml.rpc.handler.HandlerRegistry registry;
registry = service.getHandlerRegistry();
if(registry != null) {
    chain = registry.getHandlerChain(portName);
    if ((chain != null) && (!chain.isEmpty())) {
        hiChainFactory = new
HandlerInfoChainFactory(chain);
        clientSpecified = true;
    }
}
<end of orig>

I modified the code (on my machine) as follows:
< start of modified>
chain = registry.getHandlerChain(portName);
if ((chain != null) && (!chain.isEmpty())) {
    if ( chain instanceof HandlerChain )
    {
        return (HandlerChain)chain;
    }