axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] Dispatchers
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 04:50:43 GMT
Hi

see my comments below;

Thanks,
 Deepal
~Future is Open~

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@opensource.lk>
To: <axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: [axis2] Dispatchers

> On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 12:46 -0400, Glen Daniels wrote:
>>
>> What I'm trying to say is that we should NOT hard-code the dispatch
>> order, we should have it simply exist as configuration in the default
>> axis2.xml file.
>
> +1 .. Deepal what's the advantage of having it fixed programmatically
> instead of being read in from the config?

In the first place we did not think that we want to change Dispatching
order, but when it come to WS-S we realized that there are instance that
require different dispatching order.
And in the mean while 99% of the time no one is going to change the order so
its worth to hard code that.

Any way at the deployment time , always load those order and populate
dispatching order using that.

>>  To do this we either use current <handler> syntax:
>>
>>          <handler name="MyDispatcher"
>>                   class="package.MyDispatcher">
>>              <order phase="Dispatch"/>
>>          </handler>
>>
>> or my suggested simpler syntax:
>>
>>          <phaseOrder>
>>            <phase name="Dispatch">
>>              <handler name="MyDispatcher"
>>                       class="package.MyDispatcher"/>
>>            </phase>
>>          </phaseOrder>
>
> Does the latter syntax imply we can remove the first form? If so +1 for
> the latter otherwise I don't think we need alternate syntax for this
> type of stuff because changing dispatchers type work is not a regular
> user activity .. or even close to it.

In the second approach it leads to configure handler chain using axis2.xml ,
I mean we have no control over avoiding that if we give that flexibility.
And other thing is though Dispatcher is a handler , it can not override
invoke() method (if it extend from AbstarctDispatcher) so we have to treat
dispatcher as a dispatcher (there are some logic that need to be there).

That is why I came up with <dispctchingOrder> XML syntax to order
dispatchers.