axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] Dispatchers
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:26:53 GMT
Hi Glen;
I agree on that Dispatcher itself is a handler

but the name "Dispatcher" implies different meaning than a handler , it is
obvious that a module can configure to put handlers into Dispatch phase we
are not avoiding doing that (in fact I did the same thing to a the SypaseToy
that I wrote , I put just a handler into Dispatch phase as its phase first
handler and which will do the dispatching).

But If some one to add dispatcher as a dispatcher not as a handler , we have
give them a indirect path to do so (<dispatchingOrder> in axis2.xml) , and
configure the order they want. Since Axis2 has hard coded the dispatching
order. There can be some users who want to run URLDispatcher after
AddressingDisptcher , since we have hard coded the dispatching order no one
can change the order, therefore only way to do that by giving a way to
change that , that is why I came up with that XML element. So if user wants
to override he can put that XML element and do so , if not the default order
will work nicely. I know that 99% of the time no one go and change that. So
most of the time AxisConfigurationImpl.setDefaultDispatchers() method will
be invoked.

Thanks,
 Deepal
~Future is Open~