axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Subtle yet serious issue
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 00:28:44 GMT
I'm not entirely sure what the problem you are running into is, but I
recall some discussion on the xmlbeans list about something that sounds
related to me.  I think that in xbean-2.0.0.jar the classes involved
have been moved into an xmlbeans package from the javax.xml.soap
package.  There are several other bug fixes in 2.0.0 that made it
usable in geronimo, so you may want to upgrade anyway.

david jencks

On Sep 9, 2005, at 3:06 AM, jayachandra wrote:

> Guys!
> I've identified this with great hardship trying to run some saaj
> related test kit.
> The issue is, as a dependency for wsdl module (data binding) we are
> using xbean-2.0.0-beta1.jar. But **this jar has redefined
> javax.xml.soap package classes and the crucial of them
>, and (abstract classes) are
> pointing to axis 1.x version implementation classes in their
> newInstance() methods**
> So meaning, once the user deploys axis2 on tomcat, if this xbean jar
> comes first in his classpath, then all the saaj specific
> implementation would be referring to axis1.x implementation and not
> our Axis2 org.apache.axis2.saaj.* implementation.
> @Ajith!
> Do we need javax.xml.soap. package bundled along with xbean jar, in
> the first place. I don't know why xml beans was using saaj apis. If we
> seriously need them, can we tweak the jar such that the existing
> harded coded values like "
> org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPMessageFactoryImpl" be modified to
> "org.apache.axis2.saaj.SOAPMessageFactoryImpl" and rehost the jar at
> some alternate location. Or more better, we can build saaj prior to
> wsdl module and use axis2-saaj-${ pom.version}.jar along with the jar
> containing core xmlbeans classes.
> Thank you
> Jayachandra
> --