axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Lawrence, Philip" <philip.lawre...@siemens.com>
Subject Boolean mismatch
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:10:09 GMT
Hi,

   I have these elements (among many others) in a WSDL that is used to
generate client code using Axis 1.2.1:

 <simpleType name="Enabled">
   <restriction base="xsd:boolean">
   </restriction>
  </simpleType>

  <complexType name="CfACR">
   <sequence>
    <element name="Subscribed" type="unsp:Subscribed" minOccurs="1"
maxOccurs="1"/>
    <element name="Enabled" type="unsp:Enabled" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
nillable="true"/>
    <element name="Billing" type="unsp:BillingType" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1" nillable="true"/>
   </sequence>
  </complexType>

When I send a request to the gSOAP web service to modify the Enabled
element:

            <CfACR xsi:type="ns1:CfACR">
               <Subscribed xsi:type="ns1:Subscribed">AddReplace</Subscribed>
               <Enabled xsi:type="xsd:boolean"/>true</Enabled>
               <Billing xsi:type="ns1:BillingType">FlatRate</Billing>
            </CfACR>

I get this error message back:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
<BLOCKED::http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/> "
xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
<BLOCKED::http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/> "
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
<BLOCKED::http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance> "
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
<BLOCKED::http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema> "
xmlns:unsp="urn:siemens-hiq8000">
      <SOAP-ENV:Body
SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
<BLOCKED::http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/> " id="_0">
         <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
            <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>
            <faultstring>Data type 'xsd:boolean' mismatch in element
'Enabled'</faultstring>
         </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
   </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I believe that the gSoap web service is expecting the Enabled element to be
of type "unsp:Enabled", not "xsd:boolean".
Is this a bug?  Is there any way to get Axis to send it as type unsp:Enabled
and not xsd:boolean?

   I am using Axis 1.2.1 & wsdl2Java for the SOAP client and gSoap 2.7 for
the web service.  The WSDL was generated
with gSoap 2.4.

Thanks,

- Phil

Philip G. Lawrence