axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From jayachandra <jayachan...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Subtle yet serious issue
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:06:09 GMT
Guys!
I've identified this with great hardship trying to run some saaj related
test kit.
 The issue is, as a dependency for wsdl module (data binding) we are using
xbean-2.0.0-beta1.jar. But **this jar has redefined javax.xml.soap package
classes and the crucial of them SOAPMessageFactory.java, and
SOAPFactory.java (abstract classes) are pointing to axis 1.x version
implementation classes in their newInstance() methods**
So meaning, once the user deploys axis2 on tomcat, if this xbean jar comes
first in his classpath, then all the saaj specific implementation would be
referring to axis1.x implementation and not our Axis2
org.apache.axis2.saaj.* implementation.
 @Ajith!
Do we need javax.xml.soap. package bundled along with xbean jar, in the
first place. I don't know why xml beans was using saaj apis. If we seriously
need them, can we tweak the jar such that the existing harded coded values
like "org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPMessageFactoryImpl" be modified to "
org.apache.axis2.saaj.SOAPMessageFactoryImpl" and rehost the jar at some
alternate location. Or more better, we can build saaj prior to wsdl module
and use axis2-saaj-${pom.version}.jar along with the jar containing core
xmlbeans classes.
 Thank you
Jayachandra
--