axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Johnson <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Two OM questions - serialize with cache and "optimize".
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:16:00 GMT
Thanks for the response.

That seems weird, though.  That means if you call the serialize function
(without the cache), the OMDocument can effectively be corrupted.

I found myself putting this comment on OMDocument.serialize()

     * <p>Caution: Serializing without caching means that any portion of
the document
     * that has not been read will no longer be available for further
reading.
     * In other words, this function can corrupt the remainder of your
<code>OMDocument</code>.
     * Only use it when you're sure you know longer need the contents of
the document.</p>

Should the function also somehow mark the document then, so that
OMDocumentImpl.buildNext() throws an exception?

-Eric.