axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] 1.0-alpha release
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:37:19 GMT
Tom Jordahl wrote:
> I would say that any Axis2 1.0 would have to fully support WSDL 1.1 and
> WSDL 2.0 generation (from Java) and consumption (to Java).  I don’t
> think we are there yet, particularly on the WSDL 2.0 front.
>

> I would much rather release early/often with a .92, .93, .95, etc.

That might be a better approach. A point number to mean "ready to use",
a value <1.0.
I note that there is a very large number of floating point values
between 0.92 and 1.0

I am in favour of doing a quick interim release if people are happy, not
so much to use it myself, as to start making changes to the next
iteration. You know, the one what will build on java1.5

-steve