axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] AxisFault
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:11:20 GMT
Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> See here (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-232).
>
> Just added a JIRA to make sure we will keep track of this.
>
> Thanks Steve for the comments (and for the disappointing blog entry ;-) )

oh dont take it personally.

I quite like one aspect of the design, the interface to get info from
the fault. I just think we could
  -extend the interface to ask for the entire soap OM if the class will
provide it (optional? separate interface?)
  -add those other bits of SOAP1.2 faults (actor?)
  -add access to the OM of the details inside the fault
  -get things like stack trace, hostname in there; do it consistent with
the axis1 namespaces

I'm doing faults in my own code now; I may try and extend Axis to meet
my needs but am constrained by
  -it wont build on a java1.5 system
  -I dont want to break everything before the next alpha
  -time, so little time