axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Is there a way to send and get back custom headers in Axis2
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:14:41 GMT
Hi Jaya,

jayachandra wrote:

> (I think I'm reviving a related dead debate)
> Hi all,
> Currently can Axis2 support accepting and returning back a set of
> custom headers that user wishes to send to the application on the
> server side and expect them to be returned back.
> All I see is, client api methods only accept just the contents of body
> and send then to the server after attaching some standard addressing
> hdrs etc.

Are you sure ? There should be a method in the Call class which accepts
a SOAPEnvelope. (See Call.java:103 and Call.java:151)

And the best way to relay some information through the server is to add
them as reference parameters of the replyTo EPR (When you use
addressing). So add whatever stuff you want to come back to as reference
parameters in the replyTo EPR and send. You will get them as SOAP
Headers in the response message.

Thilina complained this is not working for him. I will fix it, if its
broken.

HTH

-- EC