axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Subtle yet serious issue
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:55:03 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure what the problem you are running into is, but I
> recall some discussion on the xmlbeans list about something that sounds
> related to me.  I think that in xbean-2.0.0.jar the classes involved
> have been moved into an xmlbeans package from the javax.xml.soap
> package.  There are several other bug fixes in 2.0.0 that made it usable
> in geronimo, so you may want to upgrade anyway.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

  I've just had a look and in xmlbeans-2.0.0 there are

org.apache.xmlbeans
javax.xml.namespace.QName      (the java1.5 thingy?)
org.w3c.dom. DomConfiguration/DomStringList/TypeInfo/UserDataHandler

repackage.*
schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.*

Now, jsr173_api.jar also includes javax.xml.namespace.QName, as does
xmlpublic.jar. I dont know why it is everywhere, but it is harmless, *as
long as nobody seals any of their JAR files*. The moment you try and
seal any of those jars, everything breaks. Which is why mixing in other
people's .class files is a bad thing, at least from the perspective of
those of us who do sign and seal our jars before deployment. I will have
to purge them all out.

-Steve