axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] [XMLBeans] handling binary content with data binding
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 07:16:49 GMT
Ajith Ranabahu wrote:

> <snip>
> With the current code generator what happens is that XMLBeans
> generates the correct object for binary representation but always
> serializes it into a base64 string. The input however works since
> extracting the binary part from the mime part is done by the
> MTOMbuilder before data binding. As it stands now, the generated stubs
> *can* handle incoming optimized messages but never sends out an
> optimized message!

But I think this still means that XMLBeans is reading the binary part as
base64 and storing it that way internally, doesn't it?

The real solution is for XMLBeans to support MTOM directly, as I'm
planning to do with JiBX. As long as we use a reasonably clean interface
to the transport layer for getting attachments when unmarshalling and
setting them when marshalling we should be able to work with any data
binding framework that understands attachments. If JiBX turns out to be
the first one to support this we can work out the interface details then.

  - Dennis