axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [axis2] Writing an empty element?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:20:03 GMT
Dennis Sosnoski wrote:

> Aleksander Slominski wrote:
>

>> please pull StAX RI from SVN (http://stax.codehaus.org/Home) and
>> build jar file (ant).
>>
>> then if you run test program (below) it should be producing this:
>>
>> Created not using repairing :-
>> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><env:Envelope
>> xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
>> xmlns:test="http://someTestUri"><env:Body><test foo="bar"/><test

>> Created  using repairing :-
>> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><env:Envelope
>> xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
>> xmlns:test="http://someTestUri" xmlns:test="http://someTestUri"
>> xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><env:Body><test
>> </test></env:Body></env:Envelope>
>>
> Maybe I missed something in this exchange, Alex, but the second
> (repairing) version appears to be bad XML - the xmlns:test
> attribute/namespace declaration appears twice on the env:Envelope
> start tag.

there is a long standing bug in a way StAX under-specified "namespace
repairing" feature is implemented in RI (it is amazing how
complex/incomplete this feature is considering how simple and
essentially bullet-proof XmlPull::XmlSerializer is -  it looked good on
paper to have  "repairing namespace", oh well ...) - and fixing it is
not fun as XMLWriterBase is anything but simple - i just wasted some
time trying to grasp inner working of XMLWriterBase ...

alek