axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Gayan Asanka" <ga...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: [Axis2] new logo for Axis2
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 03:22:31 GMT
How About this kind of font

(this is just a Paint work, can be modified)

Gayan

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels [mailto:glen@thoughtcraft.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 10:42 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis2] new logo for Axis2

> - will look unreadable when made smaller

I think a smaller version

> - has nothing to do with the old logo, which IMO is bad

> - what do the wheels mean?

The wheels, aside from the "axis" pun (which I like), are also gears, which

classically represent the idea of a machine with interlinking parts

transferring energy (or messages) from one component to another.  I like

that imagery a lot - which is one reason I'd try to stick with at least two

meshed gears if we go with this.

Another simpler way to get the same effect, actually, might be to get rid of

the "background" gears entirely and replace the two curves in the "X" with

meshing gear teeth....

--Glen