axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel \(EXT\), Dinu" <x_da...@ugs.com>
Subject RE: WebService Deployment Programmatically
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 03:51:12 GMT
Hi Venu, Srinivas,

Thanks for the feedback. Could you please explain how you wait for the
webserver to get started before the deployment of webservice.

I was trying to do it through my servlet's init() method, and add
<load-on startup> tag entry for this servlet in my web.xml.

Regards
Dinu

-----Original Message-----
From: Pasula, Venugopal (Consultant) [mailto:Venugopal.Pasula@GTECH.COM]

Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:27 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org; dims@apache.org
Subject: RE: WebService Deployment Programmatically

Thanks Sreenivas,

   We were doing the same thing earlier, by maintaining a copy of
server-config.wsdd file in WEB-INF folder in our code base. But problem
with that is whenever you upgrade axis version or webservice
class(changing method signature or adding/removing methods) then we need
to re-generate and update code base. due to that mainatainance issue we
thoght of deploying the webservice at startup time.Is there any better
way of doing in that case??

Thak You
- Venu