axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject [axis2] modules inside .aar files
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:27:07 GMT
Picking up from yesterday's chat (which I couldn't make it to ..):

I don't think we should have modules inside .aar files. Modules are bits
of code that go deep inside the engine. Allowing users to insert new
modules, not just engage/disengage modules that are available
system-wide, greatly increases risk of abuse in the engine. It also
increases the likelihood of engine failure and crashes. Furthermore,
module authors and service authors are very different target users IMO
and so I can't think of a particularly compelling need for this feature.

I'd prefer that we retain the current model of allowing module
deployment only at the system level. I'm definitely against putting it
into 1.0 .. if users ask for it post-1.0 let's look at it again.

Thoughts?

Sanjiva.