axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] newbie questions
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:16:30 GMT
Hi Steve ;

see my comments below;

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <stevel@apache.org>
To: "Axis-Dev" <axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 6:29 PM
Subject: [Axis2] newbie questions

> I am just starting out on using Axis2 (!)
>
> Some questions for which I would be grateful for answers.
>
> Configuration
> ========
>
> -do I really need an aar with a service.xml for every single endpoint?

yes , you need to have service archive for each service that your are going
to publish

> What if I have >1 endpoint in my app?

then you have to have two aars

> -Can I declare a service that takes any XML? I seem to have to list a
> finite set of operations?

yes , you can write operations in a service which take OM (XML) as argument
, and the interesting is that for each operation in the service you can
define messageRecivres (message receiver is the on which is the end of a
flow and it has full access to incoming SOAP message) and message receiver
is the one how talk to service implementation class , so you can write your
message receiver the way you want to handle incoming SOAP message.

> -What about namespace mapping in an endpoint that handles
we are noy fully s