axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2]Changing service descriptor
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:03:18 GMT
Hi all

To support serviceGroup scenario we had to change service.xml to services.xml , if you have
only one service in your service archive it is just a matter of renaming service.xml to services.xml
you do not need to edit the file and it will work fine here, but remember service archive
name will be the name of the service ,
services.xml can be look like one of the following

for a single service

<service name="will be ignored and archive name will be replaced as service name">
</service>

for a service group

<serviceGroup>

<service name="compulsory attribute">
</service>

<service name="foo">
</service>

</serviceGroup>

To make the compatible with our early versions I think it is better if can accept either service.xml
or services.xml as descriptors and give the priority to services.xml. If a service archive
contains both service.xml and services.xml only the services.xml will be taken in to account
and other one will be ignored.

Any comments .............

Thanks,
 Deepal