axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Venkat Reddy <vred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] simple data binder
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 06:58:06 GMT
> Personally, I like to be able to change and extend my schemas more than
> once every year or two. Creating a seperate set of DTOs each time poses
> a lot of maintenance costs. As does simply parsing the XML by hand. As
> does transforming inputs and outputs to a new version. Companies like
> EBay and Amazon manage to change their schemas like every month. I
> wonder if they have any unique strategies they've worked out.

I'm not here to comment on the main discussion, but it appears to me
that part of the problem here is the difficulty to work with or
maintain schemas and update the associated java code. With better
graphical tooling support for managing schemas and update the linked
java code, maybe this problem might go away? Would start-from-java
still be attractive then?

- venkat