axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] simple data binder
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:51:39 GMT
On 8/9/05, Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranabahu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,

hi ajith

>  We actually talked about it that day also. Glen seems to be doing some work
> on a simple data binding framework but I am not really sure how it will turn
> out. I mean I am not sure whether it's based on Axis1 or so.

i've been wonder whether it might not be easier and quicker to use an
existing dynamic start-from-java binder. a lot of progress has been
made in the last year or so on these. i suspect that it might be
possible to attract developers from outside the core axis team to do
the coding (though probably some help with design would be needed) and
so free up some core axis committer time. might make some sense in the
medium term as well: one less non-core technology for the axis team to
support but...

>  Any thoughts Glen :)

+1

i guess whether it's worth it depends on how much work's already been
done and how close it is to being finished...

hopefully glen will jump in about now...

- robert