axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Shahi, Ashutosh" <Ashutosh.Sh...@ca.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] SOAPMessage
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 06:48:33 GMT
+1 to the main idea. This is how even SAAJ manages XML declaration and
character encoding.

Ashutosh

  _____

From: Eran Chinthaka [mailto:chinthaka@opensource.lk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 6:50 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: [Axis2] SOAPMessage

Hi all,

Current source, we have only the SOAPEnvelope that contains the soap
message. But IMO, I think its better to have SOAPMessage as well to
contain XML Declaration, Encoding, etc.,

So that when sending a message transport will get the output from
SOAPMessage.serialize, not SOAPEnvelope.serialize.

Here are the evaluations of other alternations to solve the above
problem.

1. put those stuff in message context.

Serializing code is in the envelope and it doesn't have access to the
message context. If someone needs to serialize he must be able to do it
without having a message context.

2. Put this information in OMOutputImpl. This is not practical as we
create a new OMOutputImpl whenever we want to serialize. So I don't
think it's a good idea to have state within the OMOutputImpl.

So what do you all think about this suggestion. This may involve some
changes to the code.

Regards,

Chinthaka