axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Mallawaarachchie <linux.opensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2]: SOAP Encoding
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:48:39 GMT
Hi,

Ok I'll start it from Axis2 Wiki and keep on updating my work and
ideas, and please feel to correct and add your ideas to it.

Thank for help.
BR,
Manoj

On 8/25/05, Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk> wrote:
> Hi manoj,
>
> Manoj Mallawaarachchie wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >STEP 1
> >I'm now preparing some basic documet for background work in my blog
> >http://manoj-ws.blogspot.com/ .
> >I'm doing this for summarize the SOAP Encoding requirements and
> >challanges in it's implementation. This helps for developers to easily
> >get start other than reading big documents.(my aim is to provice first
> >level information for get start)
> >

> Why don't u create this doc in axis2 wiki. That is the best place to
> share the documents. Create your proposal anywhere starting from
> http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2. Or ust post your doc the dev list
>
> -- Chinthaka
>
> >STEP 2
> >Read and undestand the SOAP Encoding and specifications. And document
> >key areas which need for development.
> >
> >STEP 3
> >Prepare the proposal for SOAP Encoding module.
> >STEP 4
> >Design Architecture and identify Modules (sub systems)
> >STEP 5
> >Design the Interfaces and functions/methods
> >
> >.......... More
> >
> >Please give your feed back for above steps  for improvements.
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Manoj
> >

> >On 8/23/05, pietila.meghan@comcast.net <pietila.meghan@comcast.net> wrote:
> >

> >>FWIW,
> >>
> >>Before I turned to Axis, I was trying to get an rpc-encoded SOAP client working
using JAXB and XMLBeans.  I already had a JMS transport framework available for sending text
messages between other applications, and didn't want to take on the work of getting it working
with Axis.  (The existing Axis layer didn't support all our requirements.)

> >>I found that XMLBeans could take in the WSDL and generate classes for everything
in the WSDL schema section if also fed a file (via an import statement in the WSDL) containing
the SOAP encoding schema--even handled the arrays, which pleasantly surprised me.

> >>It didn't, however, generate Java for any of the operations--so, for example,
if I had a "createOrder" operation that had complex types Customer and Order as parameters--the
XMLBeans generated classes could create Customer and Order, but no way to get the "createOrder"
element.

> >>Same with JAXB--using the "experimental" -wsdl tag with JWSDP 1.5, I was able
to feed it my WSDL and get classes that seem to support everything in the WSDL schema (again,
including the arrays), but again--no support for the operation-level elements.

> >>In case anyone was curious about what doesn't work with XMLBeans/JAXB and rpc-style
services--that's as far as I progressed before I gave up and switched to Axis.

--
use the FORCE read the SOURCE
www.linux.lk