axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Eclipse for Java-XML tool [was Better Java-XML mapping]
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:45:52 GMT
Another +1 for Eclipse.

There's a related Eclipse issue I'm trying to find out about -
optionally adding debug information *for the binding* to class files
that have been modified by JiBX (in other words, line numbers and source
file reference for the binding definition rather than the usual Java
source file). I'm curious whether the Eclipse debugger architecture is
flexible enough to allow stepping through the binding during debugging.
I think it'd really blow some minds open if this could be done, and tie
in really well as a way of linking items in the XML output back to the
binding definition.

Right now there's a minimally functional Eclipse plugin for JiBX, but
it's contributed code I haven't looked into. I started writing my own
version of a plugin a long time ago before getting sidetracked.

  - Dennis