axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Phase of Inflow Security Handler
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:47:00 GMT
Hi all:

Srinath Perera wrote:
> I agree with ruchith somewhat, since the URL, the
> "RequestURIBasedDispatcher" would operates on, is not usually
> encrypted (not in the domein of WS security .. right?) so it can (at
> least in theory) could work before the security Handler!

Right - same with SOAPAction-based dispatch, or anything else outside
the SOAP envelope (i.e. transport-specific).

> 1) But do we need a DispatchPhaseOne .. why d'not we use the phase
> first ect to order them (rules phaseFirst functional?)

Why?

> 2) we need to find some way to make the Dispatchers configurable via
> the axis2.xml .. how about adding a <dispatcher ...> tag and put all
> our defult dispatchers in to axis2.xml

Hm - isn't a "dispatcher" just any old Handler that happens to know how
to set the service/operation/messageReference?  It's not (and shouldn't
be) anything different or special....  If you make a special class of
"dispatchers" you then need to define the meaning of that, extra
semantics, etc., none of which I believe is necessary.

I think the only thing that matters is that at the end of the Dispatch
phase, the post-condition must be met.  The whole point is to allow
maximal flexibility in terms of how and when that might occur.

--Glen