axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Better Java-XML mapping
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:14:17 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> <snip>
>

>i've been playing around with some code for a day or two
>(http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/tool.html). it's just hacked
>together but hopefully it'll serve as an illustration and act as a
>lightning rod for ideas. (it'll try to explain where i see it fitting
>into the bigger picture later.) so please criticise the concepts not
>the coding :)

Looks very cool to me, Robert! It'd be easy to translate your
<class-model> structure into JiBX binding terms, too.

I've thought about the issue of sample instances you mention on the
page, but don't have any good answers. It'd be easy to do something for
simple bean/struct classes - but that breaks down when you get to
complex structures (think hashmaps, for instance). Allowing serialized
instances to be loaded is the only thing I can think of that will work
over a wide range of objects. Or perhaps unmarshalling an XML document
to create instances? That way people could generate an initial XML and
start editing it, then have the changes reflected in the object state.

  - Dennis