axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Subject [Axis2] Remove Interop stuff from main source tree
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:31:11 GMT

This is just a suggestion and hope I will not get busted due to this.

Shall we keep away all the interop tests from the main system. This
includes SOAP 1.2 testing and all the interop stuff (But obvoiusly the
rest which are in integration package should remain).  Just like the
module repository we are thinking of having, we can have it in a
separate place.

The reason is, IMO, when some one downloads the sources, its unlikely
that he will need to run interop stuff, in most cases. So if someone
needs to run the interop stuff, the way I propose is, he needs to get
the interop stuff seperately and run.

This suggestion is going a little beyond the suggestion of just
exlcuding the interop tests when we run maven.

What do you all think ?

-- EC

View raw message