axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Databinding API issues
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:12:23 GMT
Dennis Sosnoski wrote:

> I understand the virtual nature of OM. I'd like to take advantage of
> that when writing the actual serialized output, so that the OM stays
> virtual when used for the output of a databinding operation. It looks
> like this should be very easy to implement, though - I assume you're
> using the OMNode.serialize() method for actually writing out the data,
> right? Then it should be just a matter of implementing a custom
> OMElement for each data binding framework, which knows how to
> serialize out a saved data object to an XMLStreamWriter when the
> serialize() method is called.

Actually, on thinking this over it shouldn't even require a custom
OMElement for each data binding framework. Instead, it only requires a
standard interface with a writeObject(XMLStreamWriter) method which each
DataBindingSupporter class can implement. Then a single OMBindingElement
subclass can be added to use this interface.

  - Dennis