axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <>
Subject [axis2] Exploded directory support
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:05:10 GMT
Hey folks:

I notice that we don't seem to support exploded directories yet.  Is
anyone working on this?  We should be able to just drop a directory
structure like

underneath $AXIS/services/, and have the deployer treat it exactly the
same as if the same files were compressed into "echo.aar".

Also, should we really have the service name in the service.xml file at
all?  Why not just use the name of the directory/archive?  Right now we
have an opportunity for conflicts, which would be resolved for us by the
file system if we were to simply use the file name as the service name.
  It also would simplify the work a deployer needs to do, and make it
easy to rename services (just rename the dir/file).  Thoughts?

View raw message