axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Jordahl" <>
Subject RE: [axis2] WSDL2Java / Command Line Parser
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:22:13 GMT
+1 to making WSDL2Java look much more like Axis 1.x.

Use the Axis command line parser - please do not bring in another jar
for this as we went down that road in 1.0 and it was a pain.  In fact I
believe the parser in 1.x *is* the commons implementation.

Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels []
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 1:43 AM
Subject: [axis2] WSDL2Java / Command Line Parser

Hey all:

First off, what do people think about having the WSDL2Java command line
a little more like Axis 1's?  In particular, I'd like to be able to just

# wsdl2Java myService.wsdl

...and have it work.  This means that the "-uri" option would go away,
and everything else would default reasonably.

Second, can someone explain to me why we wrote a new command line
parser?  There is one in Jakarta commons, there is one in Axis 1... why
didn't we just use one of those?

View raw message