axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Jordahl" <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] moving site to svn
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:45:40 GMT
CVS is going away at the end of the year, so +1 to move the entire
ws-site to SVN.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

________________________________

From: Eran Chinthaka [mailto:chinthaka@opensource.lk]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:32 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: [Axis2] moving site to svn

Hi,

Currently our axis2 site code base is in cvs. But working with cvs is
becoming a pain. Even for a small update it takes a lot of time. When it
comes to committing the site docs, it takes more than a day to commit
the whole thing.

Most of you might not have experienced this, but believe me it takes a
long time.

But I know svn is faster than cvs, at least for people in Sri Lanka. So
can we move our site code base also to svn ? I don't know whether this
is feasible thing but this is just a proposal as I get in to trouble
whenever we need to update the site. (thanks Deepal for borrowing that
pain from me for the last release)

What do you all think ?

-- Chinthaka