axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Eran Chinthaka" <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2] Exception Handling
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:11:09 GMT
This relates to the "Build failure" thread.

I agree with Dims here. I ran that test case in IDEA, there I saw the
exception, but for the client he will not see the exception.

In general, I should say the way people have handled the exception is not
satisfactory. For example, exception was caught and has thrown again without
any logging.

}catch (MyException e){
   throw new AxisFault (e.getMessage());
}

What I'd like to see everybody doing is like this.

}catch (MyException e){
   log.error("Exception has thrown in xxxxxx ", e);
   throw new AxisFault (e.getMessage(), e);
}

I think the problem Dims is pointing is occurring due to that.

If you agree on the way I propose, I will add a JIRA which should be fixed
before the next release.

-- EC