axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2][ShowStopper] mtom severly broken...when running in tomcat
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 03:18:12 GMT
On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 09:09 +0600, Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> Hi,
> I just came.... Any progress ... What i believed  is there is no need
> ot set  Content-Length in MIME messages, Since they depend on
> Boundaries... If we are going to set the content-length we have to
> buffer the whole message in memory...
>
> Is it mandatory in HTTP 1.0 to set the content-length...

Dims may have meant HTTP 1.1 .. in there it is because support for
keep-alive is mandatory in HTTP 1.1 and of course u can't do keep alive
without content length.

However having to buffer the entire thing would kill everything; I guess
the solution will be to buffer it into a file, compute the length and
stream the file out.

Sanjiva.