axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] simple data binder
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:24:49 GMT
On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 20:51 +0100, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> i've been wonder whether it might not be easier and quicker to use an
> existing dynamic start-from-java binder. a lot of progress has been
> made in the last year or so on these. i suspect that it might be
> possible to attract developers from outside the core axis team to do
> the coding (though probably some help with design would be needed) and
> so free up some core axis committer time. might make some sense in the
> medium term as well: one less non-core technology for the axis team to
> support but...

Hi Robert .. that sure sounds like an offer of help! We would love
it :). Please please go ahead ..

> i guess whether it's worth it depends on how much work's already been
> done and how close it is to being finished...
>
> hopefully glen will jump in about now...

+1 .. Glen?

Actually, even if Glen's doing an "old style" data binder, I would say
that does not in any way preclude doing a dynamic start-from-java binder
in any way. If yours comes out better we can figure out how to make it
be default.

Also, IIUC Glen's working on the simple type stuff to make rpc/lit type
stuff work nicely for simple typed parts. Right now the XMLBeans stuff
does everything but if you give a simple type you get ugly stuff- so
he's working to fix that so "String echoStr (String)" can be generated.

Sanjiva.