axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Venkat Reddy <vred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] FYI: JBoss Web services
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 04:55:09 GMT
This got me thinking a bit, trying to envision major usage patterns
for Axis2 in near future. Currently we seem to be primarily targetting
a usecase where Axis2 is used as a standalone Java SOAP engine, that
is light and fast without the stuff like JAXRPC, and with all the good
stuff like stream parsing, Addressing, RM, asynchrony, MTOM,
modularity, pluggable databinding etc.

I wonder how Axis2 would look like in a big enterprise picture, and
what could be possible scenarios for total solutions using Axis2. How
easy to embed it inside in a J2EE app server, whether it passes the WS
specific part of Sun's CTS for J2EE1.4, or if it can be managed /
controlled remotely, or does it fit into an IOC container, or can it
easily be carved into something like a GBean, and so on ......

- venkat