axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Venkat Reddy <vred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] Code commentary
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:30:16 GMT
On 7/11/05, Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > For those who use Eclipse, it is as simple as right-clicking on the
> > package or class and select "Source >> Format". The Eclipse bilt-in
> > template will be applied. I think we can agree on the eclipse defalut
> > template (also exported and attached here) for code, which also agrees
> > with standard Java code conventions.
>
> I didn't see line length as 100 in the attached template. I think it was 80.

Why not not just follow the standard convention
(http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc3.html#313)?
It will save time in having our own formatter, if we just follow the
default language standards. (Whats the default IDEA template?).
Ofcourse, unless we have a specific need to have 100 rather than 80.

> > btw, whats most popular IDE for Axis dev community? :-) I'm a big fan
> > of Eclipse.
>
> Popularity does not make sense and has zero information. Individual
> convenience is what that matters ;).
>
> Hope we will not gonna start the Eclipse vs Idea war here :).

Nope, its not say something is better, but I think its worth talking
about unless you want to maintain top secrecy about your IDE :-) and
we already talking about IDEA, isn't it?