axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] JMX front end to Axis2
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:12:40 GMT
Hi Chathura;

Welcome Chathura!! Now we have too many people called Chatura :D around

Let me say my views of thingy. And we should try to set up a schedule
as the Goolgle programme needs it.

1) We need MBean(s) that wraps Axis2 ConfigurationContext (The
Registry of all the information about Axis2), it can be one or it can
be dozen ..
2) There should be a MBeans server! it can be the Tomcat one (in the
HTTP Servlet cases) or if there is none we should start one.
3) When the Axis2 starts up it creates ConfigurationContext (The
Registry of all the information about Axis2), a reference to this
should be passed to the MBean(s) so they can  alter Axis2
4) What information/configurations that can be managed via the JMX
console is need to be decided!

I think it is best to create a prototype (may be for the tomcat case
.. what ever you feel comfortable) that can configure *some* setting
in Axis2 and try to build on it. When we have something working .. we
can get going

Thanks
Srinath