axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Shahi, Ashutosh" <Ashutosh.Sh...@ca.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Full infoset support and StAXSOAPModelBuilder
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:58:22 GMT

Hi Eran,
Yeah, I agree that full infoset need not be supported, but if the XML
has comments, DTDs PIs etc, instead of throwing an Exception, we should
atleast discard them and not build a object model for them.
Comments atleast are a very common case and should be processed.

-Ashutosh

-----Original Message-----
From: Eran Chinthaka [mailto:chinthaka@opensource.lk]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 1:10 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: [Axis2] Full infoset support and StAXSOAPModelBuilder

Hi all,

We all know that in StAXSOAPModelBuilder, we do not support the full
infoset
of XML. But think about the following scenario.
Body can contain any XML junk inside it. So that XML part may contain
PIs,
DTDs, etc.,
SO if you wanna give access to the parts within the body through
StAXSOAPModelBuilder, we will have problem.
So what can we do for this ??

-- Chinthaka