axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From jayachandra <jayachan...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2]Databinding Notes
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:28:32 GMT
Ajith et al,

In axis2 there is some databinding code present, but looks that only
codegen of wsdl module is using it and not any other module like core
etc. seems like using it. The existing typemapping framework is
registering only the xml type and java type names in the map, and with
just that much information it becomes tough to actually output a java
object out of a xml element and vice versa. Without marshaller and
unmarshallers registered for the types, can it be possible? If inside
the 'core' module code, we wish to data bind the parameters back and
forth (which would be a natural thing to do as we aim to support
operations other than those which accept and output just OMElements,
correct me if I'm wrong here!) how can that be done?

Thank you
Jaya
--
-- Jaya