axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] databinding setting [Re: [Axis2]Databinding Notes
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:40:26 GMT
Aleksandr Slominski wrote:

> what about parts of message - if i want to databind only some specific
> headers? and to have one header databound with Castor, another with
> Xmlbeans and read SOAP:BODY as StAX event stream that i pipeline into
> yet another data binding if needed (for example if data is to be
> stores into database)?

I think that's a very good point. Allowing different data binding
frameworks at the code generation level will provide a limited sort of
flexibility, but it'd clearly be much better for the user if the Axis2
code generation can be made binding framework agnostic.

> i think there should be split between stub/skeleton generation (both
> are not needed with Java reflection, dynamic proxy, and/or byte
> weaving capabilities) and databiding code generaiton wich is
> orthogonal to stubs/skeletons IMHO.

With frameworks such as JiBX users will often want to reuse the data
classes from their server code on the client. This is especially true in
cases where an existing EJB architecture is being converted to web
services. If you force users to regenerate everything for the client
it's going to hurt Axis2 usability.

  - Dennis